To book the hall please contact :
Pauline Higgs - 01933 663706 - email - firstname.lastname@example.org
HIRE RATES AS OF JANUARY 2019:
Private events £10.00 per hour.
Regular Classes/Meetings £8.00 per hour.
Trade £12.00 per hour.
If you are fundraising for a registered charity please contact us for prices.
MINIMUM HIRE 2 HOURS.
Please allow time for setting up before your event and clearing away time afterwards. You will be charged for the whole period of use.
ALL users must leave the hall, including floors, tables and chairs, kitchen and kitchen equipment, and toilets, clean and tidy. A deposit cheque will be required from all non-regular hirers to cover extra cleaning if the hall is not left clean and tidy.
Please ensure you switch off all lights before you leave. Do not use heating with doors/windows open.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Hereinafter Grendon Village Hall shall be referred to as ‘GVH’ and the Hirer named on the Booking form as ‘the Hirer’
- Booking. All applications for the hire of the building must be sent to the Booking Secretary. The person named on the booking form shall be considered the Hirer. Where an organisation is named, the person signing hereby confirms that they do so with full authority of the organisation. The Hirer must be over 21 years of age.
- A £50 damage deposit will be required for private parties and trade. The damage deposit is refundable subject to satisfactory inspection of the building by GVH management after the event.
- Hirers are responsible for health and safety issues and providing information about safety procedures, Fire Exits etc.
- Hire Charges. The hire charges are available from the booking secretary and determined by GVH. The hire charges to be paid should reach the Booking Secretary at least 7 days before the engagement.
- Right of refusal. GVH may refuse any application for the hire of the Building without stating a reason. Village organisations shall have priority over other bookings, but no organisation shall be deemed to have an undisputed right to an unbreakable series of bookings. In cases of doubt or difficulty the Booking Secretary shall refer the case to the Village Hall Committee whose decision shall be final.
- Alcohol. Alcoholic drinks may be served free but NO sale of alcoholic drinks may be undertaken unless the permission is sought from GVH and an occasional Licence for the Building shall be in force, paid for by the hiree. No events may be advertised stating the availability of alcoholic drinks for sale without the prior permission of GVH.
- Occupation and use. The hire of the Building is for the specific agreed times shown on the booking form and does not entitle the Hirer to use or enter the premises at any other time. The building shall only be used for lawful activities. GVH does not represent that the building is suitable for any particular purpose and the Hirer must satisfy themselves in this respect.
- Sub-let. The Hirer shall not sublet the Building or any part thereof.
- All advertising of events should conform to the conditions of hire. Advertising includes posters, newspaper inserts, magazine inserts, tickets, radio and television announcements, social media, internet websites, and all other forms of media. Advertising which contravenes the conditions of hire may result in the forfeit of deposit.
- Breakages and Damage. The Hirer is responsible for all damage to the building, equipment, furniture and property in the building & grounds occurring during the period of the hiring or while persons are entering or leaving the building pursuant to the hire, however and by whomsoever caused. The Hirer will be responsible for replacement ‘as new’ of any equipment, furniture or property and for the full cost of making good any damage to the building, fixtures and fittings.
- Culpability. Except for wilful negligence on the part of GVH, GVH shall not be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, the Hirers or any third parties property arising out of the hiring, nor for any loss, damage, or injury which may be incurred by, or be done to or happen to, any person or persons using the building during the hiring, arising from any cause whatsoever or for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure or supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God which may cause the Building to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled. The Hirer shall indemnify GVH against any claim which may arise out of the hiring or which may be made by any person using the building during the hiring in respect of any loss damage or injury.
- Insurance. GVH holds Public and Product liability insurance. Also, there is limited cover for individuals and or groups hiring the hall for a private function and non-commercial hirers who have no cover of their own. (Examples of uninsured items are bouncy castles, BBQ’s, contact sport etc.) NO OTHER insurance cover is in place. Hirers with specific questions should contact the Chairman of the committee for further information. Events – it is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure that they have adequate insurance cover.
- Entry. The right of entry to the building is reserved to GVH and any other agent of GVH and any police officer at any time during the hiring.
- Conduct and Good Order. The Hirer shall ensure that good order is kept in the building during the hiring. The Hirer will also ensure that those attending the engagement maintain good order during arrival and departure from the building. At all times the Hirer will take reasonable care to ensure that the occupants of neighbouring properties are not inconvenienced by noise, obstruction by vehicles and the like.
- Cessation of activity. GVH or Committee Member(s) reserves the right to put a stop to any entertainment or meeting not properly or reasonably conducted.
- Condition on vacation. On vacation of the building, the Hirer shall leave the building in a clean and orderly state. All rubbish and any other waste matter must be cleared from the building and suitably disposed of in the receptacles provided. In the case of large events all rubbish must be taken away by the hirer. The hall and cloakrooms must be left in as clean a condition as found. All tables and chairs must be distributed around the hall as found and additional tables and chair used must be put back in the storeroom. The deposit monies will be refunded after a satisfactory inspection of the building by a member of the Management Committee.The hirer is responsible for locking the premises securely on leaving. Failure to replace the key in the “key safe”, loss of key or leaving the doors unlocked will result in the Hirer being responsible for replacement ‘as new’ of any equipment, furniture or property and for the full cost of making good any damage to the building, fixtures and fittings.
- No additions to the building. No fixtures/fitments of any kind shall be driven into any part of the Building nor shall any placard or other articles be fixed hereto.
- Property of the Hirer and the Hirer’s agent must be removed from the Building within 15 minutes after the expiration of the hiring or fees will be charged for each hour or part thereof until the same is removed at the discretion of GVH Committee. GVH accepts no responsibility for any property left on the premises after the hiring. In the case of bazaars, jumble sales and any other occasion when property is brought into the premises for sale, all property remaining unsold at the termination of the hiring will be considered the property of the Hirer for the purpose of the condition.
- Signage. The Hirer shall remove any sign, flag, emblem or other decoration displayed by the Hirer outside or inside the Building if in the opinion of GVH or Committee Member it shall be unseemly or expose the Building to an undue risk of fire or in the opinion of GVH or its agent is likely to lead to disturbance or a breach of the peace.
- Fire Exits. No exits may be blocked, chairs or other obstructions must not be placed in front of heaters or fire appliances removed or tampered with.
- Lighting. No additional lights or extension from the existing electric light fittings shall be used without the previous consent of GVH.
- Capacities. The maximum number of persons allowed in the Building at any one time is 100, with a maximum of 100 standing/dancing or 80 seated at tables.
- Smoking. Smoking is NOT permitted in any part of the building at any time.
- Hire Period. The hire period is the time that the hirer commences and finishes using the hall. It includes the time taken for setting up and clearing up.
Over the last couple of years, the Management Committee (who are trustees of the charity) have made considerable improvements to the fabric and decor of the hall. This includes new windows and doors - Refurbishing the steps - New outside storage and a village get together to repaint the outer wooden walls.