WELCOME TO GRENDON VILLAGE HALL
FOUNDED IN 1928....
Grendon Village Hall dates back to 1928 and is a registered charity which provides and maintains the hall for use by all sections of the local community. Over recent years the Management Committee (who are trustees of the charity) have made considerable improvements to the fabric and décor of the hall. Classes and other weekly events which currently take place in the hall include: Pilates - Martial Arts and Oil Painting.
The facilities include 700 square feet of floor area (66 Square Metres) and a maximum capacity of up to 100 people, fully fitted kitchen, stage, and tables & chairs. There is a grass outside space suitable for marquees and gazebos.
The hall can be hired for all sorts of events including parties, fund raisers and private functions
Contact Pauline Higgs – 01933 663706 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Grendon is a small village in rural Northamptonshire, England and is found on the borders of Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire - with many houses made of the local limestone; various older thatched houses still survive. The name of the village means "green hill". Today the village remains centred on the hill. As with nearby Earls Barton, the village was once owned by Countess Judith who was the niece of William the Conqueror. The village is mentioned in the Doomsday Book.
The current population (based on the 2011 census) is 544; the village is a popular place to live with commuters to London or Milton Keynes. It is the site of the nineteenth century 'Battle of Grendon'. The village is in two parts which are separated by the brook. The smaller part of the village is shown on maps as "Lower End", whilst the higher (southern) part of the village is located at the top of the (steep) hill - after which the village was originally named.